We are looking for a highly skilled Production Designer to work at Character’s San Francisco studio. The Production Designer will work with the graphic/visual design team and use their technical and computer skills to ensure that products meet Character’s expectations. The Production Designer is typically the last person to touch a project before it is published. Production designer (or artist) should have completed a certificate program or an associate’s degree related to the field of graphic design or relevant field.
- - Responsible for the template builds and graphic arts production of multi-page documents, direct-mail, catalogs, brochures, and collateral.
- - Production Designers work with design team in digital photo retouching and editing.
- - Works with design team and design team leads to produce accurate print-ready files in a timely manner for approval and execution of programs from an approved concept to final production.
- - Creates accurate and comprehensive electronic layouts.
- - Adapts graphic designs for packaging projects, including boxes, cartons, tags and labels as applicable.
- - In finalizing the products, Production Designer suggests improvements and file modifications to increase the quality of production and ensure that standards are met.
- - Aids design team in file prep for digital projects, including apps and websites.
- - Works with Creative Directors, Designers, and Program Managers as needed to complete the project.
- - Delivers production design solutions and ensures successful implementation of direction in partnership with the design team.
- - Other technical duties include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and preflighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging.
- - Production Designer is also responsible for archiving and updating graphic files.
Submit your resume
- - 3+ years experience in design agency or related field, or in-house design team.
- - Proven MAC proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign programs.
- - Strong portfolio that demonstrates creative solutions, proficiency, and attention to detail.
- - Solid design fundamentals.
- - Strong understanding of photography and digital imaging.
- - Demonstrated organizational skills and time management skills.
- - Thorough understanding of creation of style sheets and templates.
- - Print production/pre-press knowledge; experience working with vendors, attending press checks and color proofing (a plus).
- - Strong interpersonal communication skills.