Character New York is seeking an Associate Director of Strategy who appreciates great storytelling as much as the research behind the narrative. We love smart, curious people with eclectic backgrounds who appreciate good design. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of building and defining brands from the ground up. They will bring a fresh perspective and an ability to uncover truths and find insights that authentically ground a brand. They should love exploring cultures, categories, and people across industries and contexts.
- Working with our team of designers and writers, you will be responsible for marshaling bold and transformative strategies. You’ll own the brand strategy process from start to finish, support from a broader team. You will be taking complex and sometimes disparate information and threading together simple, impactful and emotive brand stories.
- As the first strategy team hire in newly opened Character NY, you will also be playing a leadership role in that office, partnering with the team in SF to continue growing the practice. You’ll participate in thought leadership, and be responsible for the mentorship of junior team members who may join the team in the future.
- - 5+ years of experience in Brand Strategy, preferably on the consulting/agency side
- - Bachelor’s degree required, preferably related to marketing/business strategy/journalism (MBA a plus)
- - Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- - Strong presentation abilities, are able to confidently lead teams and clients through an argument or point-of-view
- - An analytical mindset with strong business acumen
- - Are a true collaborator, comfortable working closely with a team from product inception through to production
- - Are comfortable reviewing and/or conducting primary research
- - Are proactive, organized, and can manage multiple moving projects at once
Submit your resume
- We offer competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision and 401k. We strive to create a collaborative, creative and fun environment where everyone feels excited to be a part of our studio.